The program is organized into two main learning blocks. First, students are equipped to carry out policy analysis and evaluation through advanced analytical techniques, to design strategies and to manage projects. Second, they are supported in developing their unique professional profile through a careful selection of electives, a related internship program and thesis and by offering a variety of opportunities to study abroad. Majors offered in the Master of Science in Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations have been designed to meet the specific interests of students and the needs expressed by the job market.
at Bocconi (Milan)
The program begins with a special welcome. During the first three days, a program ‘toolkit’ will provide you with the soft skills you need and an introduction to the main professional trajectories you may pursue with this program. Courses in the first and second semester aim to provide students with two interrelated areas of expertise: sound policy analysis and advanced managerial skills in public and international organizations.
- Quantitative Methods
- Public Sector Strategy Making
- Legal Framework (National and International)
- Interplay Between Policy-Making and Politics
Students draft and lead the implementation of a strategic plan for a public or international organization; analyze the formal decision making procedures of national and international organizations; and become familiar with the political dynamics of carrying out a thematic policy analysis.
- Functioning Dynamics of Global Markets
- P.A. Techniques of Budgeting and Accounting
- Performance Management in P.A. and I.O.
- Ex-ante Policy Appraisal and ex-post Policy Evaluation
- Business-Government Relations
- Management of I.O. and NGOs
This semester focuses on how to prepare and read a public budget and to implement a performance appraisal in the public sector; carry out advanced cost-benefit analysis supported by commonly used software packages; and effectively manage business-government relations including lobbying, public-private partnerships and public procurement.
at Bocconi (Milan) and /or abroad
- International Organizations (major A)
- Public Management and Business-Government Relations (major B)
- Social Enterprise and Not for Profit Organizations (major C)
- Healthcare (major D)
Study Abroad Programs
- Double Degrees with:
Hertie School of Governance (Berlin, Germany)
Sciences Po - Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Paris, France)
SUNY The State University of New York at Albany (Albany, US)
- Exchange Programs
Foreign languages (two languages)
Study Abroad Programs
A Double Degree is a joint program that allows you to study at two top business and economic schools and receive two diplomas, one from each University. You will spend the first academic year at Bocconi and the second academic year at a prestigious partner.
- Hertie School of Governance (Berlin, Germany)
- Sciences Po - Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Paris, France)
- SUNY The State University of New York at Albany (Albany, US)
A study abroad experience lasting one term at a top partner university. Our Exchange partners include:
- Sciences Po (France)
- Hertie School of Governance (Germany)
- Erasmus University (The Netherlands)
- Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz College (US)
- Fudan University (China)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)