À Milano (Italy)
MSc. Degree in Marine Science is a 2-year joint degree program offered by the University of Milano-Bicocca in partnership with Maldives National University. The program provides theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of marine sciences. The graduates can select from 3 main specialization tracks on Bio-ecology, Environment and Human Geography.
The teaching is based on a multi-disciplinary approach integrating cutting-edge knowledge and research in this rapidly developing field. The program is associated with MaRHE Center in Maldives, which is dedicated to scientific research on marine biology, where our students get the opportunity to work in scientific labs. Our goal is to provide students with the broad expertise on this inter-disciplinary field, that better prepares them to address present and future environmental challenges.
Quels sont les objectifs de la formation?: Our graduates are equipped with competencies and skills to work across diverse positions in organizations focusing on marine processes in the public or private sectors as well as in highly specialized research fields. The program also provides a solid foundation to pursue doctoral studies.
Quel est le processus d'inscription?: Admission procedures vary according to the student’s nationality and place of residence. For complete clarity concerning different pocedures, we invite those interested to consult our website. Since the procedure may take several weeks/months of processing, we highly recommend you to get in touch with the competent offices as soon as possible. PLEASE NOTE: The number of seats available are limited, therefore we request you to apply as soon as possible.
Conditions: Min. 3 years Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university or its equivalent English Certification: Certificate of proficiency in English corresponding to min. B2 level, issued by recognized institutions.
Qu'apprend-on avec cette formation ?
- Maritime Law
- Molecular Biology
- Marine Biology
- Human Geography
- Marine engineering
- Biology Science
- Marine conservation
- Biodiversity and Marine Ecology, 12 ECTS
- Chemistry of Marine Environment, 6 ECTS
- International Law of the Sea and Marine
- Environment Protection, 6 ECTS
- Introduction to Marine Biology, 6 ECTS
- Introduction to Marine Physical Geography, 6 ECTS
- Physics of the Sea, 6 ECTS
Two of the following:
- Applied Geomorphology and Habitat, 6 ECTS
- Geobiology, 6 ECTS
- Human Geography of Small Islands, 6 ECTS
- Marine Invertebrate Zoology, 6 ECTS
- Marine Vertebrate Zoology, 6 ECTS
- Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, 6 ECTS
- Political Geography and Geopolitics
- of the Sea, 6 ECTS
- Biofacies 6 ECTS
- Marine Environmental Macrobiology 6 ECTS
- Coastal and marine hazard and resilience, 6 ECTS
- At choice of the student, 12 ECTS
- Practical training, 4 ECTS
- Further linguistic knowledge, 4 ECTS
- Final examination, 28 ECTS
Two of the following:
- a) Coastal and marine botany, 6 ECTS
- b) Management of acquatic resourses: fisheries, 6 ECTS
- c) Marine molecular biology, 6 ECTS
- d) Applied marine geology, 6 ECTS
- e) Paleoceanography and paleoclimatology, 6 ECTS
- f) Waves and turbulence, 6 ECTS
- g) Coastal risks and dynamics, 6 ECTS
- h) Food law and policy, 6 ECTS
- i) Coastal and maritime tourism, 6 ECTS
- j) Maritime sociology, 6 ECTS
- k) Comunication skills and interpersonal relation manageme